Thursday 23 April 2015

Saint George's Day

I did not need to be reminded by the Google Doodle today, but I am putting it on this post because it is a nice one (albeit not as nice as the one last year): it is Saint George's Day today. Which means that English people were reminded of their patron saint thanks to the Doodle. But not me. Oh no. I give proper respect to a dragon killer. I do want to celebrate St George's Day properly once, since it is on a weekday it was not really possible this time, but next year because of the gap year it will be on a weekend, so I intend to do something special. I already have a few ideas, not all of them involving drinking. But I have a year to plan it. Until then, enjoy Saint George's Day.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Do English people do much to mark St George's Day?

Veggie Carrie said...

No, sadly not, it is not a big deal and goes by unnoticed/uncelebrated. The English are not very patriotic.