Saturday 30 April 2016

Walpurgis Night!

Of course I could not stay silent about it: tonight, April's last night, is Walpurgis Night. I explained it to the Ticklers today, what tonight was about. Well, what it is about for me: a sort of Halloween in April, only six months until the real Halloween happens. The mum of one of the Ticklers, a friend of ours, who is a bit of a neo-Pagan, said it was Beltane. But I prefer its more sinister and unsettling aspect that I think is incarnated in Walpurgis Night than the neo-Pagan mumbo jumbo. For me, it's about devils and ghosts showing up and witches gathering. I took this picture on Halloween night of course, and will read a scary story or two before going to bed to commemorate Walpurgis Night. In a way, this is the first date of my countdown to Halloween. So happy spooky Walpurgis Night everyone.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I believe that April 30th marks the 6 month point to Halloween. On another blog I saw this date referred to as "Halfoween." Clever!

Guillaume said...

Nice pun. I might use it next year.