Sunday 3 April 2016

The books for April

At the beginning of the month, Waterstones sent me a mailer with their April books of the month. I never go for their recommendation, as I have my own ideas about what books should be read when and very rarely buy and read books on the bestsellers' list, which basically is what the books of the month of Waterstones or any other bookstore chain are. But as I am tidying the bookshelves for an upcoming yet undetermined move, it struck me that in spite of the many books I have, I am not certain what to read this April. I read seasonally (more about it on this post) and April is a schizophrenic month, changing temperature within a few hours and thus my mood. I will most likely go for some crime fiction because I love the genre, but I do not want to limit myself to it. I try as much as possible during the year to read some "high" literature, old classics or what have you. Something that is not genre literature. Maybe April will be a good month for it. What is certain is that I have plenty of books to go through so do not need to buy more... Although I am tempted. And you, what are your books of the month?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

upcoming move,, exciting!
I am a person that will re-read my books, I have books I find I re-read in different seasons and for different moods, in spring I find I'm ready for more high spirited shorter reads,

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Read some poetry by TS Eliot -- after all, he said that April was the cruellest month.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I'm not reading anything in particular but did pick up a book of very short stories called "Chicken Soup for the Gardening Soul" for 50p in the charidee shop yesterday to keep on my table just for dipping in and out of.
I think I'm about ready to re~read Lord of the Rings again.
Our books were the nemesis of our packing companies each time we moved!