Monday 6 June 2022

Jubilee Cake

Yesterday, we went to one of those "street parties" that the English are quite fond of when there is something to celebrate. It was of course to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. There were Jubilee pizzas, Jubilee nachos, with Jubilee salsa, Jubilee guacamole, Jubilee sausages, Jubilee other things and a proper Jubilee Cake, baked by one of the neighbours, not bought or anything. Only the topping as purchased. She was quite proud of making it. I managed to get this picture before more got eaten. At least you can see the inside. It tasted quite nice, I must say. Even though I'm a republican, I can appreciate British bakery. And in spite of my misanthropy, I can enjoy a little fête among neighbours.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I watched a TV show last night called "Jubilee Pudding" about a baking contest held in Britain to find the new "official" dessert for the Jubilee. A citrus trifle won. All the finalist desserts looked amazing.

PJ said...

C'est un méchant party pour un personnage mineur des X-Men.