Wednesday 8 June 2022

Growing Pumpkins (updates)

You may remember that last month I planted pumpkin seeds in the garden, hoping to have my own pumpkins for Halloween. I read a bit about it, watched a few videos on YouTube, did the ebst I could and planted them. As I am well aware that I am a poor gardener on even the best day, I was very skeptical about the possibility of even making one of the seeds germinate. Well, it turned out I might be better than I thought, or it is beginner's luck, because I saw this growing from the soil no later than yesterday. And there are others too, but this one is the most developed. So I'm very happy and very excited. I can even say that I am carefully optimistic.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

well, there you go! i have a volunteer pumpkin growing in one of my pots from one of last year's pumpkins. perhaps a squirrel planted it. i'm not sure if it will make it but i was delighted to see it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nurture it!