Monday 13 June 2022

Ukrainian Sighting?

Last Friday, when we were doing to school run, my wife and I may have sighted for the first time Ukrainian refugees. We are not sure, but my gut feeling was that it was indeed the case. So we were walking to pick up Wolfie from school when we crossed a mother and what I assumed were her two daughters. They were all blonde and the girls were of school age, one must have been ten, the other a bit younger, but were not wearing school uniforms. They were speaking a foreign language that sounded Eastern European. It struck me of how similar they looked, yet so different in a way. It is difficult to explain why. I smiled, but did not say a word. Maybe I should have said hi or good afternoon or something. I think I should maybe have been more welcoming. But maybe they didn't want to be bothered. Anyway, not sure what to think of it, but it felt surreal.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Edmonton is teeming with Ukrainian refugees right now. Our large Ukrainian population is taking them all in.