Friday 3 June 2022

The Jubilee Cat (and an invitation)

We received this through the door a few days ago. It is an invitation to a local Jubilee Party on the 5th of June. It is not signed. There are parties like this all around England and the UK of course. I don't know who gave us this card, but I suspect she (I think it's a she, this is a woman's handwriting) knows we are cat lovers. Or maybe she's just an old lady. Old ladies sent such cards, with cats on them. We don't know yet if we will attend. I am not a monarchist, for one, so I find the current display of patriotism a little bit much. And, while I get along with a few neighbours, there are one or two I can't stand. Still, it's a cool cat. A Jubilee Cat, if you will.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As an old lady, I would definitely send that cat card to someone.