Monday 27 June 2022

IKEA Time

Because my wife is working again and working from home, we have decided to finally turn this house into a proper working environment. So she bought office furniture and other commodities at IKEA. Why not before? My fault entirely: I accomodated myself with guerilla working a bit too much. But now that we both work, we need a more suitable environment. So we received yesterday a lot of stuff from IKEA, which is now taking space in the living room. The delivery man told us it was the right time to buy: apparently prices are now reduced and they should go up come September. We started to build up one part of a desk, but got it wrong, so we will have to start again. I knew doing DIY was a pain, but the instructions for the stuff we have, they are properly sadistic. Rome wasn't built in one day and this applies to IKEA.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

good luck! ikea items take you to a whole other place of assembly!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hate assembling IKEA furniture. I've done it in the past, but the last big furniture I bought, I paid to have the flat packs delivered and assembled by a IKEA contractor. It was worth every penny in saved aggravation.