Sunday 12 June 2022

Accursed Heat

So far we've had a fairly strange but tolerable summer: it gets in the lower 20s, maximum and the nights and evenings remain fairly cool. Every time this happens, I keep repreating the foolish hopeful's mantra: so far so good, so far, so good... Until it crashes and burns, literally. Case in point: this coming week they are forecasting a heatwave. The first of the season. I am dreading it. When I speak about it, people don't understand that I don't like summer and the sun. Is it so weird that I don't like having my skin covered with squishy, sticky sun lotion, to the point where I look like I'm covered in margarine? Or that I don't like sweating? Or going thirsty? Or to have headache due to the heat? Or being unable to sleep? Or focus? So anyway, I'm really dreading this coming week.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

you are my people! i am dying that we are about to be almost 100 degrees here for the next week. wtf??? i live in the northeast!!! how am i supposed to tolerate trump and global warming at the same time? i am wearing as little clothing as possible but the pups are in major fur coats! for what it's worth, i am seeing the first fall stuff!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Try to stay cool, Guillaume!