Wednesday 12 May 2021

New Job

I have been keeping quiet about the work front these days, but today I have some annoucement to make: I will start a new job as of tomorrow. First it will be from home due to COVID, then at some point it will be hybrid: I will be working mostly from home, but will need to go to the office twice a month or so. The HQs are fairly far away, but since I don't have to go there often, it should be doable. Why am I changing job, you may ask? Because, while my current one is with a good company and one of the best employers I've had, it is a temporary position that would have ended in August. I was lucky enough to have my contract extended until August, as it was meant to end around January this year. That said, with no guarantee of further extension or permanence, I needed stability. So I got this one, which is in a smaller company, but considerably better paid. And permanent. Same time last year, I was officially employed but furloughed in a job I hated for employers I hated. When I got made redundant, I was a bit worried, but relieved. I feel that I have come a long way since then and that things have changed for the best.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats, Guillaume! I hope this new job is the best one yet!