Sunday 16 May 2021

All About UFOs

I blogged before about All About Monsters and very often about All About Ghosts. There is a third book in the old classic Usborne books series about the paranormal: All About UFOs. My brothers and I did not have that one, for some reason. I think my mum thought it would have exposed us to too much pseudoscience if we had it. She would have been right: the Usborne's World of the Unkown series was not exactly good tool to develop skepticism and critical thinking. But my best friend had it, so I was exposed to it anyway. When I saw that it has recently been reedited, I had to purchase it. It is still as good, or as bad, as it originally was. Not exactly educational, but still gives me a few pleasant chills, the kind a science-fiction story would, when it has a few horror elements in it. I think it may be the weakest book of the three, but I might say this because I prefer horror to scifi. Now if they could only republish the third book, I'd be a very happy man...

No comments: