Sunday 16 May 2021

I need Wellies

Today, we went for a walk with some friends. It had rained a bit, but thought nothing of it. It was a big mistake. I wore my shoes, see, and we went to some very muddy paths, so soon I had my shoes covered in mud and my jeans as well. Our friends were wiser: they all had boots. I looked ridiculous and ridiculously urbane. As my wife said it: "You know how to dress for cold weather, but after all these years in England you don't seem t be prepared for wet weather." She is right of course. So from this moment on I am on a mission: to buy Wellington boots or, as the Brits call it, Wellies. Of good quality of course, it will cost what it will cost, but I will have my Wellies. Which is the word of the day. It is not the first I make the mistake I made today, so I'll make sure it's going to be the last.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.