Sunday 9 May 2021

Volcano Mash

Sometimes, we want Wolfie to eat something else than pasta, which is his main diet. And it has proven to be quite hard. He used to like mashed potatoes in the past, so my wife had a great idea: turn the meal into a display. So she bought some Quorn Roarsone Vegan Dinosaur Nuggets (something Wolfie was quite curious about). I made a mash with it, then I created an image just like on the box: nugget for the dinosaur, brocoli and green peas for the prehistoric jungle and in the centre a potato mash in the shape (sort of) of a volcano, with lots of keptchup for lava. Wolfie really liked it. He ate  about half the nugget and most of the mash. I suspect it was because of the ketchup. And of course the next day, it did not work out so well: Wolfie didn't want that meal anymore.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

His very own Jurassic Park!

Lady M said...

It is hard to feed a preschooler - they are super fussy. Just keep trying like you are. They eventually will add new foods every so often. I remember how tough my daughter was to feed at that age but now at 27, she eats all kinds of veggies!