Thursday 6 May 2021

The stocks of Second Cup's hot chocolate

 I don't know if it is because she is an Englishwoman, but my wife really fell in love with Second Cups when she visited them the first time she came to Montreal. So when I traveled home and she had to stay at home, circa 2015-2016, I bought her not one, but two tubs of hot chocolate. I think I made one of the tubs a birthday present. I was all happy about it, but there was just one problem: my wife loves the coffee of Second Cup.It's chocolate, not so much, especially if it is not prepared and drunk there. I guess most of all, she loves the Second Cup experience. So I recently found out the two tubs in our cupboards, one of them unopened and... both out of date. I checked if we could still drink it, apparently not after more than a year, especially if you see small white grains in the mix (which I did). Moral of the story: I won't bother stocking on them, but we will visit one of their coffeeshops when we are back in Montreal.

No comments: