Friday 14 May 2021

Happy Birthday Queen Cate!

Here is something I celebrate on Vraie Fiction every year, or at least I try to: today is the birthday of Cate Blanchett, my favourite actress. Those who read this blog know that I discovered her with Elizabeth.I even remember hearing about her from the first time in a conversation I had at uni with a fellow undergraduate student: we were discussing the Oscars and she said Cate Blanchett should have won for best actress. I had heard her name before and was curious about the film, but she had not really caught my attention. Then I watched the movie and was blown away. I cannot remember when she became my favourite actress, or at least when I was conscious that she was. But it must have been around that time.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

She is phenomenal alright!