Tuesday 4 May 2021

Screaming like a banshee

A few days ago, we received the visit of a friend of my wife and her daughter (we saw them in the garden, respecting social distancing, etc.) Her friend is half Irish on her mother's side, but she considers herself English. "The better side of me is English", she told us when we discussed this. Later on,when we said her daughter seemed all right and happy at the idea of going back to school, she said: "Right now she is, but soon I will be screaming like a banshee for her to wake up and get there on time!" I said: "Screaming like a banshee? See, that must be your Irish side." She thought it was quite funny, I think this deserves to be a new great unknown line. On a side note, I love Ireland and Irish folklore.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Screaming like a banshee" is an expression I grew up hearing too.