Thursday 4 February 2021

Time for spy thrillers?

I don't know why, but I have been a very slow reader since the beginning of the year. It's not like me. I also don't know what to read. Then I thought yesterday that maye I should in the coming weeks dedicate my reading time to a genre. Most of the year, it is crime fiction, from August and during autumn it is horror of course and then crime fiction again. This month and the next could be spy fiction. I don't have much of it, but during my last trip to the secondhand bookshop I bought this book from Len Deighton just because I liked the cover (yes I can be shallow like that) and the title. I never read Deighton, now would be a good excuse to start. But the main reason is that reading a specific genre might help me focus on the activity. Some people want to binge watch, I'd rather binge read. Anyway, spy fiction is also a fitting genre to read in the dreary looking weeks that you usually have in February and March.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

His Lordship is a big Len Deighton fan so I think you will enjoy that book.