Tuesday 16 February 2021

Wolfie and maple syrup

Today is is Shrove Tuesday and to celebrate on this blog I wanted to share an anecdote about it from last year. I shared it in a French post before, so if you think it sounds familiar, I am sorry. Anyway, as it is traditional, we made pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, something we will doagain this year. We usually have all sorts of things to pour on it: sugar, chocolate sauce and maple syrup, things like that As my wife is an Englishwoman, she wanted to serve Wolfie with the traditional English topping, which is sugar and lemon juice. Wolfie did not care one bit about it. When I made him taste maple syrup, however, he really enjoyed it and asked for more. I always thought sugar and lemon juice is very bland on a pancake, I am so happy that my son thinks the same and that like every good Quebecker, he knows that the proper way of eating a pancake is with maple syrup.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The maple leaf never falls far from the tree.

Lady M said...

Absolutely - I made a believer out of his Lordship!