Wednesday 10 February 2021

Dr Quack's Elixir

Like many pictures I shared here in the last few days, I took this one at Sundown Adventureland. As usual I am sharing it today just because. It was of course in the western section. You know that in the Old/Far West there used to be quack doctors selling dodgy elixirs that cured everything. They were a common trope in western and parodies. These phoney doctors were of course more charlatans salesmen than doctors. This one at least had the honesty to call himself Dr Quack. I thought it was quite funny when I saw it. In a way, it is quite a topical photo: I am sure they have modern Dr Quacks during the pandemic making a lot of money out of gullible people.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, apparently there's lots of fake vaccines and stuff on the internet.