Sunday 7 February 2021

Heracles against the Hydra

This picture was taken from Gods, Men and Monsters from the Greek Myths, one of the many books my brothers and I had about Greek mythology when we were kids. It represents Heracles (you recognise him easily because of the lion's hide he wears) fighting the Hydra of Lerna. I wanted to share it here, just because it is a darn good image, both very detailed and dramatic. One last note about the Greek hero: I always call him by his Greek name Heracles and not Hercules, which is the Roman equivalent. Mainly because I prefer to be as accurate as possible giving names (even though I call Ulysses by his Roman name and not Odysseus), but also because the original hero is far cooler than the watered down versions Hollywood has given us.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He was the original action hero, no doubt about it.