Saturday 13 February 2021

The Green Men of Derbyshire

I blogged a few times before about the Crich Tramway Village in Derbyshire, one of the best thing we discovered during our last English holiday (it feels like ages now). In a piece of woodland next to the village itself, there is a little promenade where there's many sculptures of creatures of folklore and legends, including many, many trees with faces. I think they were meant to represent Green Men. It must certainly be the case of this one,who looks like a typical Green Man. He alsolooks alive and I was half expecting him to start talking. I really loved walking there, it was like becoming a character of old myths and legends.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i would love to take that walk.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Awesome Green Man!

Lady M said...

Wow he is super cute. I have been to Derbyshire many times as my Mother in Law used to live there. Recently in April 2018, I went bird watching there. But I never have seen the green men forest trail!