Saturday 27 February 2021

"The Ultimate Hunt"

What you see here is the cover for the recent Italian edition of The Last Hunt by South African crime writer Deon Meyer. One of my favourite crime writers and one of my favourite novels of his, for many reasons, which you can read here. Now I wanted to make to observation about this cover: 1)it looks like an Italian fumetto (comic book), and by the way it would be great to have graphic novel adaptations of Meyer's books. 2)The title, L'Ultima caccia, sounds very dramatic, far more infact than the English or the French title of the same novel. Not merely the last hunt, but the ultimate one. Is it me or do Italian titles often sound more dramatic? Something to do with the Italian people perhaps. In any case, it is a pretty cool book cover.

1 comment:

Sue Bursztynski said...

I haven’t heard of this author before, must check him out. In English! 😉