Friday 26 February 2021

Backgammon

Recently, I learned that a friend of mine taught her nine year old daughter to play backgammon. I thought that was very fancy, and it reminded me that I once play backgammon myself, decades and decades ago, probably when I was around my friend's daughther's age. It was only for a few games against a friend of mine who had a set. I remember nothing of the rules and strategy, in fact I don't think I ever understood it at all. My friend was very competitive and he made us discover new board game only to beat us to it, my brother and I. I have always loved board games, even though I rarely play them anymore. I don't know if backgammon would ever be one I'd even like to play, as I prefer games that have elements of role play, beside I think I'd still be rubbish at it, but I'd love to own a set just because it has a certain sleek elegance.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i never learned backgammon. i'm not much of a game player.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I remember that about 40 years ago, backgammon had a resurgence as a "cool" game. My sister taught me to play it, but I was never a good player. I had a board for awhile too but it eventually went to the Goodwill.