Tuesday 25 February 2020

A savoury pancake for Shrove Tuesday?

Today is Shrove Tuesday. I refuse to call it Pancake Day, however tonight, as it is tradition, we are going to have pancakes for dessert. Part of me would rather have a savoury pancake for main meal. When we go to Britanny (which may not happen anymore as my in-laws are moving back here), I had a lot of these, called galettes, basically buckwheat pancakes, and they were delicious. This one was a crêpe nordique or a crêpe norvégienne, can't remember exactly. Maybe it had different names at different restaurants, come to think of it. In any case, it had salmon, sour cream, fried egg ad I think chives. And it was filling, almost healthy and yummy. This is what I ate in most crêperies and this is what I wish I could eat tonight.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Savoury pancakes are great! Are your inlaws moving back to England to be closer to their grandchild Wolfie?