Tuesday 18 February 2020

Synopsis for the Debut Dagger

As you may know, I am working on participating to the Debut Dagger Award. I have worked on it and I might actually be ble to submit the work on time. I am a bit more confident (but still cautiously confident) that at least I will submit something presentable. Partially because one of my fellow writers at the writing workshop, one who actually has a book deal already, helped me a lot for the synopsis. She really helped me sex it up a bit, so to speak, and make it gripping for new readers. Not only that, but since she only saw part of the story and not the whole thing, it showed me that readers could connect to what I had written, enough ti understand and relate to the characters. Ironically, she was once very critical about one of my character, saying that he was a chauvinistic dinosaur. Boy had I felt deflated at that time! Now I'm glad I stuck to the workshop.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, look how things turn around! Yes, I remember how the "chauvinistic dinosaur" criticism stung you! And now look -- your erstwhile critic has helped you out with your Debut Dagger submission. A good lesson that criticism is not personal, even when it hurts. Good luck with your submission!