Monday 3 February 2020

Banana Bread

Yesterday we made time to bake our own dessert, trying to be healthy and all. We had bananas that were getting seriously ripe, so we decided to make banana bread. My parents' recipe. There are plenty online, they are all more or elss the same (seriously, how different can be a plain, simple banana bread), but Wolfie was adamant that he wanted us to make "grandpapa's cake" and no other, so this is what we made, even though the recipe comes originally from my mum who got it from a colleague I think. That was decades ago and it has been our banana bread recipe since then, the one that I enjoyed through childhood and beyond. My wife had a bit of struggle making conversions of measures, but in the end wethink it was a success. Wolfie loved it anyway. So here you have it, the result of three generations of banana bread bakers.

1 comment: