Saturday 29 February 2020

Matrimony Jam

Sometimes, we like to go to garden shops nearby. I like to buy artisan products, like for instance jam. I actually prefer to buy jams from small garden shops than big supermarkets and chain stores. I don't know, it feels more... genuine. A few years ago, shortly before Wolfie's birth I believe, I bought this one, "Matrimony Jam". I just thought it was an interesting mix of apples, pears and plums and the name intrigued me. From what I understand, a "matirmony jam" is a jam made of two complimentary fruits (see, like two people getting together on holy matrimony). No idea why this one has three fruits, I guess calling it a "ménage à trois" jam would be wrong. It was the one and only matrimony jam I ever had, because I never found it again, in this garden shop or any other.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha yes, it's "thruple" jam!

Lady M said...

Perhaps it could be three-way jam.