Wednesday 3 October 2012

Skyfall (the other countdown)

Just for tonight (maybe just for tonight), I will quickly blog about something else than Halloween. That said, if you read my previous post in English, you would know that Peter Fleming, Ian Fleming's brother, wrote at least one horror story, so by proxy and by talking about the creation of a blood relative., I still sort of keep in the spirit of the season. Sort of.

So my long time readers know that I am a big James Bond fan and that I have been eagerly waiting for the release of Skyfall. Even though it is released just before Halloween, at a time when my mind is set on horror rather than other kinds of fiction. I am seasonal like that. But not enough to not think about my other little obsessions. And Bond movies are one of them. It was made official recently that Adele is going to sing the theme song, although it had been rumoured for quite a while now. I care little about Adele or her music, I am not a fan of her but I don't dislike her. I was fairly optimistic about her singing the theme song. In any case, it couldn't be any worse than Madonna in that dreadful movie which I should not name (I hate it that much). Now, a bit of the song was "mysteriously" leaked in the media (you can listen to it here). From the little we can hear, I am very happy. It sounds like a good, old, classic Bond theme song, with a voice that is powerful, yet subdued enough, it covers you and brings you the "Bond atmosphere", the solitary life, the danger, the glamour... It fits the Craig era perfectly, more so than the previous two I think. Maybe I am now overly enthusiastic, but I am very excited about the movie.

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I love to hear Adele sing anything! Yay!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Always a fan of the movies...will definitely check it out the previews look amazing.

Cheers!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Don't you just love the anticipation of a long awaited movie coming out? I think Adele would be great for the Bond theme song...she has a nice husky tone to her voice that I enjoy, although I'm not a huge fan of the album, I am kind of sweet on her...I like her attitude and I think she's just lovely to look at! You'll have to let us know how the movie is when you go see it!