Wednesday 16 November 2011

A moment of pride for this expat

I didn't know what to blog about until a minute ago. As I am typing this, I am watching Pan Am, which is showing on BBC2. I am not sure if I will like it or not. It's not really my kind of comedy-drama. But anyway, as I was distractly watching this I saw a somewhat familiar face among the air stewardesses. I checked on imdb out of curiosity and I saw that the role of Colette Valois is played by Karine Vanasse. She is not my favourite Quebec actress (Isabelle Blais is), but I still like her all right and she is really talented.

So I am glad she is on a big TV series that is shown all around the world and I felt goosebumps reading her résumé on the BBC website. I am not surprised, but slightly irritated maybe, that she plays a French character with what it brings of clichés and exoticism. And well, I am not sure it is such a good TV series (as I am only half watching it it is difficult to give make myself a clear idea).  But at least it will give her a bit of well deserved exposure, and with this maybe some of the Québec productions she did.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Americans are raving about her and I just love it :)

I wan't sure I liked the serie either but I watched the last episode two days ago, episode 8, and it is just great! I hope they don't cancel the show ...