Saturday 12 November 2011

I almost forgot Remembrance Day

It was Remembrance Day yesterday, I thought about it during the day at some moment, but it was in the back of my mind and I didn't blog about it. I blogged about oysters, a most profane subject. Last week I bought a poppy, lost it, bought another one, lost it. I will need to buy another one. I find it difficult to remember Remembrance Day, as I never grew up observing it. Maybe it is because I never been in a war and what I know of war is through the TV screen. But now that I have a number of friends in the army, I try to at least remember it. And until tomorrow, I will buy poppies again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have poppies growing in my garden at the moment. They are beauty tinted with sadness. I think of all those men and women with gratitude. Their sacrifices should never be forgotten.