Thursday 3 March 2011

Beware the Ides of March

The title and the topic of this post, I borrowed it from last year. I know the Ides of March have not come yet, but it sure feels like it is going to be nasty until the 15th. In fewer than three weeks now, it is going to be Spring, yet it does not look or feel like it these days: March has been so far all gloom and doom, cold, grey and pretty much unfriendly. Just like when Julius Caesar was murdered, or so I like to think it feels like that time. Two days ago I said I wanted to be go in the middle of nowhere. I still feel like it, or rather I know I will feel like it during the weekend. Today, I felt like staying home, especially when I set foot outside. But if one wants to appreciate a warm home, warm meal and comfort, one has to endure the cold weather, the wind, the unfriendliness of it all. At least I don't have to get stabbed 23 times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing unusual about the weather affecting your moods. Its a well documented fact that gloomy, and doomy weather can cause Seasonal Affective Disorder. So take that nice long walk, turn up the lights, and keep away from any shifty looking characters called Brutus :-)

The Gill-Man said...

Yeah...March is just SUCH a gloomy month, at least it is around here. In Houston, the whether is rather erratic at the best of times, but March is one of the worst. We usually get a warm spell in the beginning that makes us feel all spring-like...then BAM! Winter returns for an unwanted encore! As a result, everyone stays sick until April!