Thursday 14 April 2016

Krav Maga and TBBT

I don't watch The Big Bang Theory anymore, except the reruns, when I flick through the channels. But I recently remembered that Krav Maga was mentioned, if not featured, in one of these episodes. It was in The Desperation Emanation. In the episode, Leonard is set on a blind date by Howard and Bernadette with Joy, a tomboy who is loud, vulgar, obnoxious... and does Krav Maga. It was not the first time I've heard about it, but it contributed to my growing interest in the Israeli self defense system. It's only twenty seconds of the whole episode, but it leaves a lasting impression. Now that I am learning it, I find its depiction in the sitcom surprisingly accurate, I must say.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I remember that episode! It's a good one.

Guillaume said...

Yes, it was very funny. And funny because it's true: I have never met a Joy like her in my Krav Maga training, but I could easily a girl like her coming to the classes.

Ms Misantropia said...

I always liked her... :)