Wednesday 21 August 2024

Autumn's Dress Rehearsal

Before I came back to Montreal for the holidays, I had been told that it was going to be scorching hot. I was kind of dreading this part of our stay. Well, it has not been the case. On the contrary, yesterday morning, I checked the temperature: 17 degrees, windy, rainy. Like a typical early autumn day. As a child, I would have felt really devastated, like the season to come taking time over the holidays to remind us that they would reach an end. Not anymore. I see the leaves changing colours already, I feel the cool air and I feel energised. Like autumn is having a dress rehearsal and I can enjoy it a little bit before the time comes. And in Montreal too, which I consider still to this day my city, even though I left it years ago.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad the weather is cooperating for you!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

enjoy it but it is about to end. how much longer will you be there. starting tomorrow, we will be getting really hot for weeks. i've loved this taste of fall!

Alison said...

Its doing the traditional British long weekend of wet and miserable here. I'll try to save some for your return!

Haunted Eve said...

A few years ago we watched a crime mystery streaming series called "Three Pines" based on the Louise Penny novels and portions were filmed in Montreal and rural Quebec and the countryside in the series was just absolutely gorgeous. We live in western NY and have made many trips to Toronto over the years, but one of these days we have to visit Montreal.