Sunday 18 August 2024

Of sticks and fountains

 Today, my son spent a lot of time with his little cousins from my father's side. This was a lovely time, but I want to blog about one particular moment which suprised me. It happened in the park: we were there and my son found a stick, which prompted his cousin to pick up a stick for himself. As we walked, we stopped at a fountain and they spent ages just dipping their stick into water, making them float and so on. I was really amazed: at home,Wolfie gets bored every time I make him stop playing on his kindle or force him to stop watching cartoons. Or tidy his bedroom. And there he was, spending ages with a stick and some water, not wanting to go back home. My wife observed: "It's quite zen, in a way". I think it deserves to be a great unknown line, if only because it's true. And I guess that's what made him enjoy this activity.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe he enjoyed it so much because there was another kid to share the activity with.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

kids being kids. the best fun ever. maybe he needs a sister or brother!