Wednesday 28 August 2024

A Proper Thunderstorm

Well, I had been hoping for one, for months, but it did show up. Then last night, around ten o'clock, unpexpectedly, it started storming. I had not experienced one like this in ages. We have had a short outburst of thunder on Sunday, but it had been short lived. I mean last night was a proper thunderstorm: lots of lightnings and thunder, rain falling heavily, the lot. I remained there, in the dark, listening to it with delight. Just when summer is finishing, after a few days of hot temperatures, far too humid and sticky for my taste, it stormed. I don't want to sound like everything is better in Montreal, but yes, my city delivers, even weather wise. Thunderstorms are among the very few things I sitll love about summertime. I'm glad I experienced one this year.

1 comment: