Wednesday 14 August 2024

The 87th Precinct and Me

Yesterday, I was flicking through a novel from Ed McBain's 87th Precinct series when two things struck me. The first one is anecdotal, even trivial, the second one a little bit more important. First, is that at least two very minor, cameo characters in the series share the same name with people I know (or, in one case, I know of) in real life. Second, I haven't read a McBain novel since the end of 2021. That is way too long, especially since I haven't read the whole series. Now, until November, I am strictly reading reading spooky stories (more on that in another post), that said, I will need to correct this. I intend to make a 87th Precinct reading marathon one day, trying to read the ones I haven't read yet, in order. That's going to be fun. Once I am done, I will read more, in original English. Oh, and I am still thinking of turning it into a family tradition, but this may take some time.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Read the McBain novels in Noirvember!