Wednesday 25 October 2023

Fiendish Fancies and Me

 For today's countdown to Halloween post, let's talk about food again. For that reason. All year round, I don't care about French fancies one bit. I remember discovering them for the first time, before a lecture one Thursday afternoon during my first year at uni here, and I was no impressed. tIt's just sugar poured over a bit of cake. But come October and they change the name into Fiendish fancies and I'm a sucker for them. Maybe it is the pumpkin colours, maybe it is the packaging with the jack o's, but Mr Kipling, you got me there. Given the quantity of sugar in a single one of them, calling them Fiendish is far more fitting. And thus it is far more fitting to eat them for Halloween.

2 comments:

Alison said...

You and my husband! He bought a box this week and is enjoying them. I find them way too sweet for my taste, but the box and the orange cakes are fun.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They've got your number, Guillaume!