Tuesday 3 October 2023

Batcurrant Fizz

I have to give it to Marks and Spencer, even though they irritate me when they sell Christmas stuff way too early (or keep them in shops way too late), they do have a lot of nice Halloween products. Like for instance this "Batcurrant Fizz", basically a blackcurrant flavoured fizzy soft drink. I don't think how it could be more fitting for a Halloween drink. Maybe if it was pumpkin flavoured, but there are Jack O'Lanterns (as well as bats, obviously) on the label, which is orange, so that should count for something. Growing up, there was some special Halloween drink for kids I used to enjoy, a mix of orange or pineapple juice and cream soda and I think grenadine. This Batcurrant Fizz reminds me of that, not because of its taste (it is not sickeningly sweet, for one), but because it's my new special non-alcoholic cold drink.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks plenty Halloweeny to me!

Haunted Eve said...

That drink would be right up Mr. Haunted Eve's alley. Love black and red currants!

Lady M said...

Cute Bottle