Sunday 22 October 2023

Preparing for trick or treat

For today's countdown to Halloween post, a quick one, just for the sake of sharing a cool picture my father sent me last year I think. I did not share it yet. This is their front yard on Halloween night, before the arrival of disguised children for trick or treat. You can see my mother in the frame, at least her silhouette. So no worries: she is not a ghost. Neither is she Jamie Lee Curtis on the set of yet another Halloween movie. The only ghosts on this picture are the ones on the cedar trees. Still, it is deliciously eerie. Anyway, I hope my front yard will look as nice as this. I am looking forward to the 31st, but in the same time I think it is coming way too fast.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it is coming way too fast as it always does. next year, i have to start earlier!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love seeing lit-up Jacks outside at night -- still the eeriest Halloween decor of all!

Deadpan Flook said...

We're just getting the last of the Halloween candy in for preparation! We had quite a few kids turn up last year....

Love the photo!