Monday 2 October 2023

Ghost Reading

For today's (first?) countdown to Halloween post, I will talk about ghosts. Again. Because ghosts are central to Halloween. In fact, of all creatures that the season brings, it might be the most central. Vampires, werewolves, even witches, they are late additions. Halloween is originally all about spirits. So every year round Halloween, I read ghost stories. I also never miss to read  All About Ghosts, in full or in part. It was the very first spooky book I read when I was a child, the only thing resembling horror and supernatural my parents had allowed me to read. It was my first dabble into horror and supernatural. So anyway, this year it struck me that its last page has a "further reading" section, with a suggestion of books about the paranormal. They are all kind of old and in the "true haunting" category, but I am curious about them. Not because I believe in ghots: I don't. But because I could use it as inspiration to write my own ghost stories. I have been trying to dabble in the horror genre, so far I have been struggling. Ghost stories are tricky, so getting some inspiration would be useful. Oh yes, and this cloaked ghost is from that las section of the book. It looks si deliciously sinister, I had to share him.