Friday 27 October 2023

Knobkerrie (against the Forces of Darkness)

Okay, one last countdown to Halloween post before bedtime. A spooky one because let's remain macabre. I know I blogged recently about the Forbidden Gateway gamebooks serie. In it, you play a psychic investigator (whatever the job entails on a normal day is never explained) fighting supernatural forces. And your weapon of choice is, rather originally, a knobkerrie. My long time readers may remember that about a decade ago I mused on the weapons to use against the forces of darkness. It struck me that a knobkerrie would be pretty useful: it is strong, sturdy, it could easily crush the skull and break the bones of of a living dead (orthe jaws of a monster!) and in the meantime it could pass as a mere walking stick. So yes, if you fear you miht come face to face with a supernatural fiend, if this creature is material and not epheral, a knobkerrie is a pretty good weapon.