Friday 6 October 2023

Preparing for Trick or Treat

There is something that has been bothering me since the beginning of our countdown to Halloween: I haven't bought a single pumpkin yet. I love carving them, I love showing them to the children who come for trick or treat. As a child, this was part of the fun too, something I could keep come teenage. If wearing disguises and going for trick or treat were just for kids, at least I could carve a scary Jack O'Lantern. I learned from my dad, who has always been very gifted, then I develop my own skills as a carver. And I am now teaching Wolfie. Last year, we managed to carve no less six pumpkins. Don't ask me how, it just happened. And I have been wanting to share this picture since last year. So now, I must start getting ready. And I must buy some pumpkins.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your pumpkins are gorgeous! And yes, lay in your supply for this year soon!

Lady M said...

I did not know that Jacks were popular in the UK.

Alison said...

Very nice! I haven't bought my pumpkin yet but plan to nearer to Halloween.