Monday 3 March 2014

The consecration for Cate Blanchett

Well, she had won a BAFTA for Blue Jasmine, which made me very happy, and now my favourite actress won the Oscar for Best Actress. Thoroughly deserved. Anybody else would have been a downright travesty. Cate Blanchett got cheated of her Oscar back in 1999. I always thought she was the greatest actress of her generation since then. Now with this Oscar, and the praise for her role as Jasmine, I think we can talk of a certain confirmation of this. It is certainly a consecration for her. And here's her acceptance speech.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

a wonderful speech by a wonderful actress!

Sunshineshelle said...

She embodies the classic Hollywood, fearless, intelligent, class and seemingly effortless style, and so much talent and combines it with multi-tasking, Hollywood plus a kick arse mum and supportive partner - great to see Oscar get it right :)

Cynthia said...

She was great in Blue Jasmine, then again it's the only movie I saw in a cinema in 2013!

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-Indeed.
@Sunshinebelle-Hey, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! Where did you find it? I completely agree.
@Cynthia-Cate Blanchett is great in everything.