Monday 26 July 2010

Passing through summer

It is a new and strange thing for me to work during summertime. So far it has been easier than expected, partially because, as I was hoping (and I am sorry for everyone taking a , the weather has not been too nice. Not too hot to be unbearable, except when I started, and not too sunny to make me regret that I was sitting at a desk. We had plenty of rain, but sadly no storm.

That said, being busy like this means that July is almost over and I barely saw any of it, except during our short (bit idyllic) holiday at the beginning of the month. And it is strange for me, as I have always considered time within the frame of a school year: holidays during the whole summer, working year starting in September, being busy during cold months and less active during the hot ones, etc. I don't know how much I will enjoy it three months from now, but it is certainly an interesting experience.

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I just can't believe that we are swiftly heading into August and the return of school here in the states. It seems like this year has just flown by. And sometimes I find it comforting to look through my blog list and see familiar faces (metaphorically speaking)like yours and my other Halloween loving friends. It's hard to believe I've been doing this for the last few years. Usually my attention span has caused me to lose interest and move on by now....but I suppose I'll never lose interest in spending the year anticipating Halloween...ha!

Guillaume said...

I don't want to spout clichés, but life goes so fast. I think this year was like this for me because a lot changed in a few months. Oh, and part of my mind is anticipating Halloween too...;-)

PJ said...

La chanson de Pink Floyd, Time, est d'une dure réalité une fois que tu as trente ans et plus.

And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun


Soudainement, tu te rends compte que tu es un adulte depuis 10 ans et que les jours passent de plus en plus vite, été comme hiver, et tu ne les remarques plus.

Guillaume said...

@PJ-Pink Floyd est toujours plein de sagesse. Tiens, je crois que je vais l'écouter ce soir et bloguer sur ces couplets particuliers en août.