Tuesday 20 July 2010

Hoping for the storm

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, and this until the end of the week. Today it was hot and the air was heavy with humidity. But there was no rain. Tomorrow it should be pouring, but there is no indication on BBC news of any storm. And I want to see a storm.

If this sounds familiar, it is because I blogged on the same topic in French not long ago. I got poetic (it happens rarely), I said that summer is not quite summer until it has been baptised by the fire and water of a storm. More prosaically, I love storms, and I need the coolness they bring to the air. Sadly, I might have to wait for another time. I will keep hoping.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I would like our storms much much more if they didn't have so much lightening with them. The lightening scares mes and makes we worry that it'll knock out my computer, or worse yet...ME!

Guillaume said...

I love lightnings too...And Thunder.