Tuesday 16 July 2024

Slivovitz

Has anyone among my reader ever drank slivovitz? It's a fruit spirit made of plums from Eastern Europe. I never drank it, but I heard of it. First in Die Fledermaus, then in Dracula, then in the book I am currently reading. I'm not sure I would like it, because while I am not averse to spirits, I am not always a big fan of fruity alcoholic drinks, especially when the alcohol content is high. But I am curious about it. I guess I will have to find out where you can buy slivovitz in the UK. I could bet I can find some in the nearest Polish grocery shop. Amazon too, for sure, but I want to avoid purchasing things from Amazon, beside I would rather make sure I like the drink first. Anyway, if you ever tasted it, how was it like? Pleasant enough? Anyway, yeah, so slivovitz is the word of the day.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never had slivovitz but I've had plum-infused vodka. It was dee-lish!