Wednesday 24 July 2024

Shirley Temple

No, no, I'm not talking about the actress. I mean the drink. Last Sunday, we took a family walk just for fun and stopped at one of the local hotels, where we had some drinks. Again, just for fun. They had a few cocktails and mocktails, Wolfie wanted a mocktail to be fancy and it struck me... They didn't offer any Shirley Temple. Whatever happened to this classic kids' cocktail? My brothers and I loved it when we were children, mostly because we thought the grenadine was cool and exotic. And we felt so posh drinking it. Not grownups, but like fancy. Maybe glamorous would be the right word. I think Wolfie would like it, but sadly there was no Shirley Temple on the menu. I wonder when was the last time I saw Shirley Temple available, on any drink menu. I will keep my eyes out for it.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Probably gone the way of the dodo bird.