Wednesday 31 July 2024

The Milkman

It was the end of the afternoon/early evening yesterday, when somebody knocked at the door. I first dreaded it was one of my pesky neigubours, but no. It was a young Asian man who said he was our local milkman. Well, that was not quite true, he works for Milk & More, and was promoting the services. I first quickly dismissed him, saying thank but no thanks, then I kind of felt bad. For two reasons: because he was enthusiastic and full of energy late in the day, because I love to encourage local businesses rather than big chains. So I went out, hailed him and asked him to give me his pitch. Which he did, again with energy and enthusiasm. Turns out they don't merely deliver milk, but all other groceries. And they are offering a discount. It's limited time only, provided by him, etc. I told him I'd think about it. I don't think I will go through with it, but I do like the age old tradition of milk delivery at the door. So yes, I wish Milk & More every luck for their business venture and who knows. I might actually require their service one day.

No comments: