Sunday 28 July 2024

Return to the local library

Yesterday, we went to the local library, to register Wolfie in the summer reading challenge, or whatever it is called. But more of that in another post. It struck me that I could not remember the last time I went to the local library. Well, I know I have been back since the pandemic, but very seldom. Far too seldom.Then it struck me that I probably needed to renew my membership. I checked in my wallet, I could not find the card. I went to the till, found out that I needed to have a document with a proof of address on it, which I didn't. So I did not renew it. I will come back. I kind of know why I don't go there as often as I used to. First, we now live far away from it, so I cannot just pop in. But truly, I think I just spend so much more time in the local bookshop since we have one. In the end, I prefer to buy books, even if it is to hoard them, than to borrow them.

No comments: