Wednesday 10 July 2024

That autumn feeling

I know it is wishful thinking. I know I should really be careful not to tempt fate. I know we are in July, usually the month I enjoy the least in the whole year. All the same, it is cool, it is often rainy, it is even windy and I can even wear long sleeves and light jumpers because yes, I'm too cold otherwise. Last Monday was 16 degrees Celsius, just to give you an idea. In summertime. In the South of England. The first half of July is not even over yet and for some strange reason it really feels like autumn. Or like autumn should start in early September. Things will most likely change before the end of the month, however I am counting my blessings. And I hope we will not have a heatwave come autumn, as it sometimes happens in this country.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Its the usual problem; the jet stream. Its south of us which is allowing the usual mess of wind and rain to come in off the Atlantic. I saw a weather forecast yesterday which said this is probably going to be the pattern for the remainder of July. In the meantime, I know someone in Texas who's told me they are dealing with 46C there. And my daughter, who is in New Brunswick, met a girl from Scotland who is visiting Canada this week. She was complaining that the 30C temps they are having was too hot. I told her Scotland gets even less Summer than England does!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it was 80 degrees when i went out to water at 4:30 this morning. another 100+ day here again. i could just scream!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Doesn't feel anything like autumn here. We're in the midst of a heat wave at the moment.